Search (Don't Edit)

Orji Kalu Leadership Series Headline Animator

Wednesday 2 April 2014

A lot of people have expressed worry over the nature

A lot of people have expressed worry over the nature of the relationship between you and your state governor, Theodore Orji, so much that he doesn’t want you in the PDP. What exactly is the source of the problem between the two of you?


I don’t have a cordial relationship with the governor of my state. However, I have never criticized him in the press, either openly or secretly. He will soon give his report card to Abia people, the very people that he is governing. I have a cordial relationship with the President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan. And the reason I don’t have a cordial relationship with my governor is that he thinks he is a mini-God. And I wish him well. Let him lead Abia people with his conscience. This is what I told him the day I handed over to him as the governor. I had said: ‘lead us with your conscience.’ I only asked him to lead us with his conscience. If his conscience is good enough for the people of Abia, I don’t have a problem with him.

The people of Abia will either agree or disagree with him. I don’t have any problem with him. I have never had any personal contact with him and I will not have until he leaves office.

Orji Uzor Kalu responding to questions from Aviation correspondents at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, shortly after his returned from the United Kingdom late Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe in a reader
 

About

OUK YOUTHS (as popularly known) is a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization that provides a social platform for mobilizing and galvanizing Nigerian Youths globally to enhance and develop their value orientation and leadership skills to enable them assume a trans-formative role in the development and sustenance of Nigeria as a free and safe Nation for all.